Did Dr. Marc Dean Design the IBM PC or was it Lewis Eggebrecht

Christian Liendo christian_liendo at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 6 15:46:06 CST 2015

>From: Guy Sotomayor <ggs at shiresoft.com>
>I knew Marc from the System/23 Datamaster project (which I also worked on).
>Dr. David Bradley (who wrote the original BIOS) worked in the office across the hall from mine.

Wow cool.

>However, Lew was a manger and Marc was an engineer, so I don't see the statements as being incompatible.

There are sources that list him as the chief engineer

http://books.google.com/books?id=Pq3POofPsBEC&lpg=PA62&pg=PA33#v=onepage&q&f=true

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/12/ibm_pc_30_anniversary/

http://www.thocp.net/biographies/estridge_don.html

This is why I ask stuff on here because there has been many times where public info is wrong and it has been discussed here.