So, what's the deal with DigiBarn?

Ian S. King isking at uw.edu
Tue Aug 25 15:32:27 CDT 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 6:45 AM, dwight <dkelvey at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Being a hobby project, Bruce gets distracted by earning
> money and working on other projects.
> The barn is not the best place for things as things get dusty.
> Most things are in visible storage. Things could use cataloging.
> I'm sure Bruce would love to have volunteers to help
> keep things in order.
> It is all about free time.
> Dwight
>

> > From: billdegnan at gmail.com
> >
> > I have been there before, Bruce gave a tour of the museum.  Worth the
> > visit when it's open if you get the chance. The items are not powered
> > on and generally speaking items are on picnic tables with red/white
> > tablecloths.  There is also a bus called "Further" on the property and
> > a pg pen. It's kind of like a mountain farm with historical computers
> > in the barn. b
> >
> > On Mon, Aug 24, 2015 at 10:50 PM, steve shumaker <shumaker at att.net>
> wrote:

> they

> shown

> > > I run into the owner occasionally.  Between family commitments and
> > > significant work related travel, he's been over committed for over two
> > > years.  Bruce lurks here when he has time/access.
> > >
> > > steve
> >

> > --
> > Bill
> > vintagecomputer.net

Some of Bruce's exploits have been on Facebook lately - he's quite busy.  I
had quite a few conversations with him a couple of years ago, although I'm
sorry to say I've never been able to visit.  -- Ian

--
Ian S. King, MSIS, MSCS, Ph.D. Candidate
The Information School <http://ischool.uw.edu>

Archivist, Voices From the Rwanda Tribunal <http://tribunalvoices.org>
Value Sensitive Design Research Lab <http://vsdesign.org>

University of Washington

There is an old Vulcan saying: "Only Nixon could go to China."