VAX4000/300 MNS7.3 isntallation from CDROM

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Sat Aug 8 03:43:15 CDT 2015

On Sat, 08 Aug 2015 at 08:21:07 +0200, Holm Tiffe <holm at freibergnet.de> wrote:

> I'm starting the image restore and now I have a problem that the DSSI disks
> are "not software enabled".

I'm not sure but I think I recall getting that error when trying to mount a
disk that had media problems :-(

It probably doesn't help much but the online help says this:

 VOLINV,  volume is not software enabled

  Facility:     SYSTEM, System Services

  Explanation:  The volume valid bit is not set for the volume. All physical
                and logical I/O operations will be rejected until the bit is
                set.

  User Action:  Check for a programming error. Verify that the volume is
                mounted and loaded. Check to see that the power is on before
                retrying the program.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.