SNA was RE: Booting an IBM MP 3000 S/390 System

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Thu Aug 6 18:04:37 CDT 2015

From: Dave G4UGM
Sent: Thursday, August 06, 2015 11:26 AM

> Excuse me if this isn't Exactly right, but I seem to recall some on
> in IBM saying that Thomas Watson Jr got a phone call one day. It
> went...

> TWJ: Thomas Watson here
> CLR: Is that Thomas Watson Jnr.
> TWJ: Yes
> CLR: and you are the head of IBM
> TWJ: Yes
> CLR and you first name is Thomas
> TWJ: yes
> CLR: and you are the head of IBM
> TWJ: yes
> CLE: and you are in your office
> TWJ: yes, but what do you want
> CLR: Just thought I would show what it is like trying set up and SNA
> session. Bye...

Not to bring in nasty facts or anything, but Tom Jr. retired from IBM
in 1971, after a heart attack.

SNA was introduced in 1974.

                                                                Rich

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/