mainframes and other stuff

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sat Nov 22 13:48:35 CST 2014

On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 10:28:40AM -0500, William Donzelli wrote:
> Sometimes I even see stuff hanging around for years not because they
> are holding onto it for huge money, but simply because if gets pushed
> to the back as a new load comes in.

True, but consider: if it's sitting in the back of the warehouse, it
isn't making any money.

At the company I work for, space is constrained.  Nothing is kept on
the theory it will accumulate value later -- in fact, for anything
made recently, the opposite is true.  Laptops and desktops, in
particular, need to either go out quickly or be scrapped.

(note: we only rarely get 'collectible'-class items, and I try to
flag those.  No minicomputers or mainframes :-) )

mcl