Hi
First list of boards available
M7504 DEQNA
M9970 DEC M9970 is a dual-height passive transition board
M9047 M9047 is a dual-width Q-bus grant continuity car
M9714 Alternate Power Source
M7941 DPQ11-A synchronous serial line interface
M7555 RQDX3
G7273 bus grant continuity card
M7546 TQK50
M7850 The DEC M7850 is a legacy UNIBUS card
Rod
The Commodore 64 was sold in Canada in Sept. 1982. My brother-in-law bought
his in Toronto around that time. It was $595 cdn.($4,000 today!). A lot of
money back then. Well even today.
Happy computing.
Paul -
I have been looking for a clean Amber serial terminal, like the DEC VT320-C2 or HP 900 series,
that I used daily in the early 1990s. There was a common 12” CRT assembly that Ball used (V12) and others. I could probably cross-reference the CRT number.
greg, w9gb
elmhurst, il
If anyone is interested in anything listed below, or any DEC parts, please
let me know ASAP and I will try to have them tested and loaded for the trip.
SZ12 expansion box
PE32A-BD DEC 3000/300X
PE40A-B9 DEC 3000/400 ( I HAVE TO FIND A CPU FOR IT)
DEC 3000/400?
VAXSTATION 3100/76 SPX
MICROVAX 3100 KA41
3100 DV31CT2-A
VAXSTATION 4000 60
DECSYSTEM 5000/25
3EA 5000/125
5000/133
2EA 5000/200
I have more in another location and will try to find them later today.
I have a lot of extra boards for the above boxes, mostly for the 5000s and
I am still looking for them.
I have VAX CPU and memory boards for the BA23, and the BA213s boxes. Also
"S" box boards and panels.
TONS of Q-bus, Unibus, and some PDP8 boards.
Robins, Rainbows, DECmates, PROs, and parts
Now it gets weird. I have about a dozen or so brand new CRTs for VT330s.
I'm sure they were used in other terminals, but I have no idea which. I
should have all 3 colors.
Also an OMEGA B22, DII and Bessler enlarger and a ton of darkroom
equipment, audio gear including mixers.
Thanks, Paul
https://devin.ai/cli
Not exactly the image I'd expect to see on a webpage advertising shiny new technology. It even shows that application running on the VT100 (simulated, but the evidence for that is pretty subtle).
Fun.
paul
Hello again,
Yes, this time I am trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong while
creating a C program.
It is still in RSX11M+ on my 11/23+ and PDP-11 C 1.1.
I have a really simple test program like this:
+>type test.c
#include <stdio.h>
main() {
puts("Hello, world!");
}
The following is what I do to compile and task build:
+>type tstbld.cmd
.IFNINS MAC INS $MAC
.IFNINS TKB INS $TKB
PIP TEST.C/PU,TSTBLD.CMD/PU,TSTTKB.CMD/PU
CCC TEST.C
TKB @TSTTKB.CMD
PIP TEST.OBJ;*/DE
PIP TEST.TSK/PU
+>type tsttkb.cmd
TEST/-FP=TEST,LB:[1,1]CFPURSX.OLB/LB
/
UNITS=1
ASG=TI:1
TASK=...TST
LIBR=FCSFSL:RO
/
The code compiles fine and TKB has no issues. I get my test.tsk:
+>dir test.tsk
Directory DU0:[200,2]
2-SEP-2026 21:36
TEST.TSK;2 22. C 02-SEP-2026 21:30
Total of 22./22. blocks in 1. file
I run it as '+>run test' and I just get the prompt back. I expect it to
print to the terminal.
What am I missing? Nothing stands out to me in the manual. I'm sure it's
something stupid.
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.
- Peter
Yes, I did early development on both. At least the interface to the OS was Pascal. I still have the early documentation buried in a box somewhere.
Sent from my iPhone
> On Jun 20, 2026, at 2:02 PM, Fred Cisin via cctalk <cctalk(a)classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Sat, 20 Jun 2026, ben via cctalk wrote:
>> PL/1 and C are the only two high level languages a operating system is written in, that I can think of that are well documented, and easily found on the WEB.
>
> I heard that all of the Lisa OS, and much of Macintosh, were written in Pascal. (obviously other than some low-level drivers and performance critical routines?)
> Is that correct?
>
> http://pascal.hansotten.com/apple-lisa-pascal/
>
> When did Macintosh development switch to C?
>
> --
> Grumpy Ol' Fred cisin(a)xenosoft.com
Not my auction etc etc but I believe these are hard to find. Also fits
HP500A and maybe B logic analyser (500C used PS/2).
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/297932090059