APL-11

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 31 07:39:24 CDT 2020

On 3/30/20 10:30 PM, Mark Matlock via cctech wrote:
>> According to the Ref Manual, that's the one I was looking for.
>> Now to mount the RL on RSTS and see what it takes to build it
>> there.  I'll let the list know how I make out in case someone
>> else is interested.
>>
>> bill
>     The RL02 image is RSX Files-11, and I’m not sure if you can mount that with RSTS. I could move it to a RT-11 formatted RL02 or if your RSTS system is on HECnet I can put it where you could get it that way. I looked for the original DOS-11 formatted DEC distribution tape but can’t find it at this time. Let me know if you need anything.

Don't think I can read it on RSTS directly but I can read it
on an emulated RSX system.  Now I need to build a system with
all the devices I need (all the prebuilt images seem to be
lacking too  many devices) so i can make a backup tape and
use that to move it to RSTS.  Of course, I may look at all
of it on RSX and see if I can build an install tape that works
on all the OSes like the Documentation says.  it's just that
I had limited experience with RSX.  Last use was when I worked
for TRWIND back in 87-88 for an Air Force Contract and I was
not overly impressed so I never got more involved with it.

bill