Computer stores

Alan Frisbie Flash688 at flying-disk.com
Wed Aug 26 13:03:39 CDT 2020

Fred Cisin <cisin at xenosoft.com> wrote:

 > On Tue, 25 Aug 2020, Alan Frisbie via cctalk wrote:

 > > A few months later, two guys named Steve showed up at a meeting
 > > with a kit they called the "Apple I", for the grand price of
 > > $666.66.  I wish I had had the foresight to buy one!

 > Q: although WE call it "Apple I", did the Steves call it "Apple I" or
 > "Apple Computer"? The answer tells us whether they were explicitly
 > planning on  making other models later!

I honestly do not recall if they used the "I" or not.  This was,
after all, 45 years ago!

At that time there were many tiny startup companies trying to get
our attention, most of which sank without a trace.  If I had been
asked back then which ones I thought would survive, I probably
would not have picked Apple.  Not my first mistake, and certainly
not my last.  :-)

Those *were* exciting days, with new products and developments
happening every month.  I looked forward to every SCCS meeting,
with people showing off their latest homebrew project, swapping
tips, and buying parts & boards.  For a while, there was even
a large wheel of cheese which we eagerly devoured.  :-)

Alan Frisbie