Modems and external dialers.

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Fri Jun 14 07:53:01 CDT 2019

    > From: Liam Proven

    > There was a certain simplicity and understandability about Win9x,
    > yes, but NT was far more reliable, even back in the NT 3 era. ..
    > So I moved to NT as soon as my kit could run it, and never looked
    > back.

I was speaking from a user's perspective; I never did much coding under
Windows (well, a fair amount under Cygwin, using only the portable I/O
library, but that's not really _Windows_ programming).

>From that perspective, 98SE was the sweet spot for me (I don't have any
reliability issues, with the configs I run). I do have some XP machines,
and the Windows 10 laptop, but most of mine run 98SE.

	Noel