New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Mon Feb 20 17:39:49 CST 2017

Thanks,  Peter!

Here it's way not as bad as on the Linux Kernel mailing list... I once came up with some nice additions to the ftdi usb serial driver. Reaction was something like "Do it right! Now!" The "right" was only a question how the thing should be controlled from the system's perspective. I only added functionality and a simple sysfs interface. But that was not enough. They wanted it to be attached to the GPIO framework (which I still consider unsuitable for the issue).
Instead of taking my changes and staying with the wish that there should be even more stuff added, it was refused and I lost interest in upstreaming my mega-speed patch.

But I will produce my board (again). Withe xc9572xl and Eagle and without Arduino.
Whoever wants a different board, can make/derive one afterwards.

Kind regards
Philipp

--

Dipl.-Inf. (FH) Philipp Hachtmann