New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Philipp Hachtmann hachti at hachti.de
Mon Feb 13 09:00:26 CST 2017

Hi folks,

it has taken a while but I'm now actively planning to shift out another
batch of OmniUSB boards. The last batch is sold out for a long time and
I've been asked for more from time to time.

As some of you might remember, it's a cool device to connect your
pdp8/f/a/m/e to the modern world using lightning fast USB.

The originial board has it's website here:

http://pdp8.hachti.de/projects/omni_usb/

The new board will do the same, perhaps even more.

- the USB connector will be replaced by a mini (NOT micro!!) USB connector.
- The connector position and cable routing will be improved.
- The board will be shorter. But it will come by default with a laser
cut acrylic extension that makes it full size again.

There will be at least those options to buy:

- Kit (board + all parts)
- Kit+ (board + all parts, SMT already assembled)

Possible:
- complete version - Everything soldered and tested.
- discount for omitting acrylic extender

I cannot guarantee that I can deliver fully assembled boards
(regulations) and would be able to do that only if there's a reasonable
number of interested buyers.

If have set up a doodle poll to get a realistic picture of the interest
in the board/kit/device:

http://doodle.com/poll/d7y524mvyfezqp9w

PLEASE take the minute and fill in your name (ideally that I can
recognise you) and check the options which most precisely match your
demands.

PLEASE be as honest as possible as I will base my decisions IF and for
which PRICE I can run the show.

Thank you!!!

Kind regards

Philipp :-)