RL02 version of UNIX6?

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Thu Feb 2 12:12:31 CST 2017

> On Feb 2, 2017, at 12:25 PM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> What version of GCC is being used here? I thought they removed support
> for the PDP-11 more than a deacde ago.

No, it's still there.  I'm the target maintainer for it, not that I've done a whole lot of work on it recently.  But I signed up for that role partly to prevent its being removed.

What did get removed (though it could be restored) is the 2bsd target variant.

The float support is a bit flaky because of the complications created by ac4 and ac5.  But in general it does a decent job, and passes a large fraction of the GCC unit test scripts.

> And, while I am at it, based on what people are saying here I assume they also
> removed the switch for K&R mode.

That sounds familiar.

	paul