RL02 version of UNIX6?

Guy Sotomayor Jr ggs at shiresoft.com
Thu Feb 2 11:58:37 CST 2017

> On Feb 2, 2017, at 9:25 AM, Bill Gunshannon <bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com> wrote:

It’s not just K&R mode.  It’s v6 mode.  C had some deficiencies prior to the release
of v7.  The most notable was that <larg> <op=> <expression> (e.g. a += 1) was in
v6 actually <larg><=op><expression> (e.g a =+ 1).  This led to ambiguities:
if you have a=+1 do you mean to increment a by 1 or assign +1 to a?  I don’t recall
if v7 cc was transitory (in that it allowed both forms) but I do know the earlier form
was phased out fairly quickly.

TTFN - Guy