Chip in first Apple AirPort WiFi

Ian Finder ian.finder at gmail.com
Sun Apr 2 18:27:49 CDT 2017

If I recall correctly, as you've noted it was a WaveLAN / Orinoco silver
card ('HERMES' chipset), connected via PCMCIA to a SBC based around an AMD
ELAN SC400 - 33AC 486-like CPU. It had something like a couple megs of RAM
and maybe 512K of FLASH. I don't know what OS it ran, if anything 'off the
shelf'

Why do you ask?

--
   Ian Finder