PDP-8e power switch key?

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Wed Nov 30 23:17:08 CST 2016

On 11/30/2016 8:35 PM, W2HX wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> What are people doing for keys for the 8e? Is there a standard key used for all of them? Or do I need to have one made with some specific serial number of my key lock?  I did some googling of this issue but wasn't able to get info.
>
> Thanks
> Eugene W2HX
Since I'm going to get some keys made, I looked up Jay's posting of
keys, three of which we verified from his formulas.

Here is the posting from March 2016

Here are the formulas he posted then.  I thought there were more
discussions about making an archival page, but I did not go on and look
up whether it was made up or not.

As Ethan said, somewhere there is also a 3d print STD file I believe,
but the locksmith numbers are better.

**** key post contents ****

FYI - the key codes I measured previously for Data General and HP have been
cut, tested, and verified. Amazingly, my measurements were correct. So to
summarize:

XX2247
Code: 5173757
Use: DEC PDP-8 (all varieties), PDP-11 machines that do not use an ACE blank
(11/24, 11/44)

XX2065
Code: 1353757
Use: Data General Nova (800,1200,1220,2,3) Eclipse (S/130,S/200)

XX2946
Code: 4557457
Use: Hewlett-Packard 2100A/2100S

NOTE: The codes above are listed 7-1, and all key cuts are center offset.

Still unconfirmed or need more information:

Cromemco: XX4306
Code: (Mike Stein was going to measure his cuts)
Use: Cromemco Systems CS-1/CS-3/CS-100