Datamation, May 1972

Al Kossow aek at bitsavers.org
Thu Nov 17 09:39:42 CST 2016

On 11/17/16 7:26 AM, Kyle Owen wrote:

> I just picked up "Unplayed by Human Hands" (the first album, from 1975) and
> wanted to learn a little more about how it was done. I do know it was a
> PDP-8 and Model 33 ASR connected to a pipe organ, and there are bits and
> pieces referencing it online.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unplayed_by_Human_Hands
https://archive.org/stream/kilobaudmagazine-1978-02/

I think there is a paper in the DECUS proceedings as well

You might be interested in knowing Prentiss is still around and the original tapes
along with several songs that weren't on the album were digitized by a friend of
mine about five years ago.

I have that issue scanned, I'll put it up under pdp8/music later today