WTB several IMSAI-8080 ON-OFF-ON momentary switches

Mike Ross tmfdmike at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 22:21:58 CDT 2016

On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 3:45 PM, Chuck Guzis <cclist at sydex.com> wrote:
> On 11/05/2016 07:11 PM, Mike Ross wrote:
>
>> So you reckon those 7105SY9V3BE would suit the Altair? OK I'll go
>> shopping.
>

> That's just an estimate from memory.  I'd have to dig my 8800 out, dust
> it off and make measurements.
>
> Note that the part I linked to is center-off-momentary SPDT.  Clearly,
> not all of the switches on the Altair are like that.
>
> There are, of course, lots of other switch vendors, NKK, e-switch...
> But the C&K selector is by far the easiest to use.

Ahhh ok. I know the square root of bugger all about Altairs; I'm
mostly a DEC pdp and IBM mainframe/midrange guy. I picked up the
Altair a few years ago as an 'oh by the way' thing when I saw it at a
cheap price; I'm only just getting into it now. It does basically
work; it seems to be running some kind of ROM because when I power it
up it runs and the lights chase like a register increment thing. But
can't do much else due to broken/flaky switches.

I'll pick up some Altair schematics and see what's called for in each
switch position.

Mike

http://www.corestore.org
'No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his brother.
Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame.
For one person, in the dark, where no one will ever know or see.'