Titlers, Switchers, Paintboxes, Paint Apps and Old Broadcast Equipment

Swift Griggs swiftgriggs at gmail.com
Tue May 3 13:05:10 CDT 2016

On Tue, 3 May 2016, ethan at 757.org wrote:
> The early Avid systems just commanded the VTR's over RS-422 to go to
> time points then punch in, correct? It was non-linear but the video
> wasn't digitized or stored on disk?

That's what I remember, too, but I could be wrong. I also seem to remember
that the Toaster had something that came along later called the "Toaster
Flyer" card that would allow you to digitize video and work with it
digitally, but I never used one.

I was too poor. All I could afford in those days were tiny frame grabbers
for the Amiga.

-Swift