Which RT-11 for an 11/03

Richard Cini rich.cini at verizon.net
Mon Mar 14 10:23:29 CDT 2016

> Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks!

> Now that you have a working system, will it be used to run any specific
> programs?  Based on your descriptions, the most important aspect of
> the project was to get the H-11 system to run RT-11.  What I am very
> curious about is what do you will do with the system now that it is running?

Nothing specific in mind right now. I have BASIC but I want to get Fortran installed so I can run Adventure. This is all for fun rather than a specific application.

> From what you have stated, both stock versions of RT-11, V04.00 and
> V05.03, are being used rather than the Heath supplied versions of RT-11.
> Can you please confirm this assumption?

Correct, both from SIMH. Stock version of v4 in an RK format with DD as the boot device. Right now I only have a simple v5.03 in tape format from Malcolm and not in RK or RL formats.

> As for the interrupt problems, using an M9047 bus grant card would
> probably also have solved the problem - if you have one.

I don't have one but now that I know how the slots are numbered I should be ok.

> At this point, do you have any other storage other than the emulated TU58?
> If so, is it a Heath product or a real DEC product and which storage is it?

I don't have any other storage media at this point, DEC or Heath. I believe Heath only produced a floppy system for it. I don't have any Heath-specific software packages.

Space in the shop is at a premium so I'm glad that I have the TU58 emulator.

Rich