HP 21MX Ethernet/SCSI card?

J. David Bryan jdbryan at acm.org
Sun Feb 22 16:08:20 CST 2015

On Saturday, February 21, 2015 at 14:09, jim s wrote:

> Does anyone have a source for the qcterm, which is suggested as a
> terminal emulator?  The AICS Research site seems to be owned by a tax
> prep firm now, and all of the links I found point to the dead spot.

AICS Research never made the source available, as far as I know.
Regrettably, the owner, Wirt Atmar, died several years ago.

However, the "About" box on my copy of QCTerm says:

  "Although AICS Research Inc. reserves all rights to this product,
   QCTerm may be freely distributed to as many users as you wish so long
   as no charge or conditions are attached to that distribution."

I'll see if Jon Johnston at the HP Computer Museum would be interested in
hosting it.

Meanwhile, it appears to be downloadable from the Internet Archive by
following:

  https://web.archive.org/web/20140516213133/http://aics-research.com/

The file offered there compares identically to the one I downloaded from
AICS several years ago.

                                      -- Dave