Maximizing value selling a working 11/34

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Tue Dec 8 08:09:16 CST 2015

So I know someone who has a working 11/34 (4 RLO2's and the 11/34 in an H960,
running RSTS/E) they want to sell, and they want to know how to maximize the
value - i.e. whether to sell it as a complete working system, or to part it
out - and if the latter, how to break it up?

(No discussion about the morality of parting it out, please; this is owned by
a business, and they need the money to pay people's salaries.)

So which direction would get the most money? My sense is that parting it to
the maximal degree possible (e.g. sell each drive separately, sell the memory
separately from the CPU, sell the feet separately from the H960, etc) is
the way to get the most money, but I'm interested to hear what others think.

Thanks for any insights!

	Noel