Worst Video Game Ever was Re: Sales of unearthed Atari games total more than $100,000

Christian Liendo christian_liendo at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 11:44:54 CDT 2015

Whenever I see someone say that ET was the "Worst Video Game Ever"

I channel my inner Inigo Montoya, and say. I don't think it means what you think it means.

I think they mean it was the Worst Commercial Failure, which is not the same thing.

If I believe Wikipedia it is stated

"3.5 million of the 4 million produced were sent back to the company as unsold inventory or customer returns. Despite sales figures, the quantity of unsold merchandise, coupled with the expensive movie license and the large amount of returns, made E.T. a major financial failure for Atari"

Thats not good for Atari, but that doesn't make it the worst game ever.

I agree with those who say Pac Man... I mean it looked nothing like the Arcade and it sounded like they sampled a rubber band.

Not a good game at all.