More on manuals plus rescue

william degnan billdegnan at
Fri Aug 21 10:45:30 CDT 2015

As a musician sometimes the bar pays the ASCAP fees sometimes they
don't but at least there is a way to compensate the song copyright
owner when a band plays a cover song on stage at a bar.  I wonder if
some sort of ASCAP for out of print manuals could work....this way
owners could register their manuals and make it public where to send
fees AND the fees would be low enough that people would not mind
paying them.  This puts some responsibility on the manual owner to
make their claim I suppose.  Then you have international vs. domestic
copyright, etc.

This thread comes up every so often, nothing changes though.

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 11:18 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan at> wrote:
>>> That's called "stealing".
>> The person I had to buy the CD from off of ebay wasn't authorized to sell
>> it.
> That's a cop-out. "Someone else did it first" doesn't change the law.
>> and freed it
> "Freed" is a euphemism.
> I'm not saying you should be in federal lock-up with Jared from Subway. :)
> But don't pretend to not understand that what you did is illegal.


More information about the cctech mailing list