ACT and CMI Unibus boards

Jim Stephens jws at jwsss.com
Wed Apr 29 18:28:45 CDT 2015

On 4/29/2015 4:01 PM, Matt Burke wrote:
> On 28/04/2015 23:44, shadoooo wrote:
>> Hello,
>> just received some Unibus boards, some are from ACT, one from CMI.
>> I would identify these boards.
>>
>> The first is a big hex board, marked ACT 10046: on front side has two
>> 50pin connectors,
>> plus two female edge connectors on the left side (some sort of narrow
>> bus extender?).
>> There are some resistive terminators onboard near one of the 50pin
>> connectors.
>> Very strange board...
>>
>> The second is a quad board marked ACT 10039: it has four 40pin
>> connectors,
>> two on front and two on a side.
>>
>> The last is for sure a RAM board, as it includes an array of 16x9
>> HM4716 ICs, with a total of 128KW.
>> It's from CMI ON 207-010-300 and it has a lot of wire-wrap  jumpers
>> for configuration.
>>
>> Anybody has some knowledge over these boards?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Andrea
>>

> ACT is Able Computer. See if you can identify the boards using this
> brochure:
ACT was also the name of a drive testing outfit here in Orange County.
I can get in touch with the founder of Able if need be for the boards,
but if they say ACT they may be for the testing gear company.

ACT had a specific logo with stripes thru the letters.  I believe a lot
of that was used in their products.  A photo of the board, and
especially the silkscreen and etch might help.

Advanced Computer Products bought ACT and absorbed their assets. There
were never any takers for the IP part of the business.  ACP is the
computer store also in Orange County run by the Freeman, Dave and Tom.

Thanks
Jim