Brian Kernighan @ VCF East

Evan Koblentz evan at snarc.net
Thu Apr 9 23:13:33 CDT 2015

>>> Big announcement!
>>>
>>> Wes Clark is unable to attend VCF East due to health.
>>>
>>> Naturally I hit the panic button. Wes, after all, was already
>> our Plan B after Ted Nelson backed out, also due to personal matters.
>>> But we scrambled really hard in the past two days and landed K.
>> :)
>>
>> Yep, that does it.  I'm going to be there.  Seriously, Kernighan and Bell?  I plan to grovel.
> I'M NOT WORTHY!

I heard that about you. :)

But you ARE worthy, dude. Everyone is. Tell all your friends. Rent a
van, take a road trip, hitchhike, do what you've gotta do. Come to VCF East.

Friday: Seventeen technical classes. Free pizza. PDP-8 ceremony.
Saturday/Sunday mornings: Keynotes! Kernighan, Frankston. (Not Bell.)
Rest of Saturday/Sunday: Forty-ish live exhibits! Minis, homebrews,
8-bitters.
Also on Saturday/Sunday: Consignment sale, pro vendors, learn-to-solder
workshop.

Plus, the MARCH computer museum will be open all day Saturday/Sunday.
Wanna see UNIVAC* pieces? A Bendix G-15? IBM 1130? Philbrick analog
computer, circa 1958? All sorts of DEC? Altair, IMSAI, Apple 1, and
every other major homebrew system? Vol. 1, issue 1 of every major
computer magazine? A huge collection of micros?

And .... other wings of the InfoAge center show the histories of NJ
shipwrecks, radio/TV, military vehicles, Marconi-era telegraphy,
electronic warfare .... we've got a hackerspace, too.

You might even see a wild bald eagle family from our parking lot.

* We anticipate doubling our exhibit space later this year. At that time
our * complete * UNIVAC will go on display along with lots of other
awesome stuff that's currently in storage. No, you can't get a tour of
the storage warehouse during the show, sorry. :)