Emails going to spam folder in gmail

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Fri Jan 1 08:07:34 CST 2021

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 07:43:12PM -0800, Michael Brutman via cctalk wrote:
> Disclaimer: I don't speak for Google ...

> The thread shows a lot of Google bashing. Insinuating that Google makes it
> difficult so that people follow the path of least resistance is part of
> that.

I didn't insinuate it: I said it out loud. Whether it's an explicit decision
by Google or just an emergent effect is moot. Google are clearly quite happy
with this state of affairs otherwise they'd do something about it.

[...]
> It took me less than a minute of searching to find this:
> https://support.google.com/mail/contact/bulk_send_new

It is not exactly difficult to find forms to fill in at Google. They *love*
their forms. All attempts at getting support are deflected by a request to
fill in a form. Nothing useful happens upon filling in a Google support
form, of course. An auto-ack at best, then tumbleweed.

Franz Kafka could have written a whole shelf of novels about Google.