college study

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue Oct 13 18:00:43 CDT 2020

On Wed, 14 Oct 2020, Liam Proven via cctalk wrote:
> This may be tricky in a country where I do not usefully speak the
> language -- but if we get through the newest pandemic outbreak and out
> the other side next year some time, when Ada is a little older, it's
> worth investigating.
> Thanks for the encouragement.

You can do it!
START SMALL.  One trivial class, first.

My father got his PhD at 38, when I was 7 years old
He never discussed it with us, but I found out that he had needed the
credibility of the degree for getting grants and projects.

My grad degrees made NO DIFFERENCE AT ALL in my employment - my experience
had already bumped me up to the top of the heap for my teaching job.

If your sole motivation is the diploma, then it may be problematic and
frustrating.  But, if you also want to LEARN the material, then even the
tiniest amount at a time eventually adds up.  And there are so many things
that are FUN to learn.  I am still checking the class schedules to see
if/when the Computational Linguistics class gets taught again.  Also the
bookbinding class!

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com