SMS Data Gathering App Announcement

steven at malikoff.com steven at malikoff.com
Thu May 21 07:38:20 CDT 2020

Jay said
> The application was/is developed in C# under Visual Studio 2017 to run
> under Windows, primarily because I was interested in trying out C#.  I
> would expect it to build in VS 2019 with little or no change, but have
> not tried it.

It builds under VS2019 but I needed to add the Nuget package for MySql.Data
to fix the references up, and also changed the connection string a little.

I also should have looked at the contents of the directory a little more
closely as I did not see the .sql.gz there initially, and ended up converting
the proprietary LarryWare .mwb file to .sql and then wondering why there was no
example data when I ran it..

After noticing the compressed db, unzipped and scripted it in and it all loaded
up. The importing is a bit flaky for one or two types but wow, what an amazing
project, that is a huge amount of work you've put into it!  I guess one day it
could be extended to cover SLT too???!!! :)

Great job Jay.

Steve