[cctalk] Re: Replacing the Flyback Transformer From My VAXmate

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Mon May 18 16:54:51 CDT 2020

> -----Original Message-----
> From: cctech <cctech-bounces at classiccmp.org> On Behalf Of Gregory Beat via
> cctech
> Sent: 18 May 2020 20:08
> To: cctech at classiccmp.org
> Subject: [cctalk] Re: Replacing the Flyback Transformer From My VAXmate
> Tai-Ho (Taiwan) was the OEM supplier for flyback transformers used by
> in the early Macintosh computers (1984+).
> Russell Industries (New York, USA) produced replacement flyback
> for monitors and TVs, these appear on eBay and remaining TV repair supply
> houses.
> As noted, while the circular pin-out is often standardized, the voltages
need to
> be double-checked.

Thanks for this. I am having trouble finding any information on them, such
as datasheets. Any ideas where to find this kind of information?



> greg
> chicago
> ==
> From: "Rob Jarratt" <robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com>
> To: "General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts"
> Subject: Replacing the Flyback Transformer From My VAXmate
> I am about as certain as I can be that the flyback transformer from my
> VAXmate monitor board has failed. I know this is probably impossible, but
I am
> wondering if there is a way to find a more modern equivalent? How
> standardised are these things? I do see a lot that appear to have the same
> circular arrangement of the pins.
> The VAXmate one is a Tai-Ho TH-1802B and according the Technical
> Description has a primary voltage of +28V and produces auxiliary voltages
> follows:
> +13.1kV @85uA max
> +950V @200uA
> +45V @75mA max
> -100V @1.2mA
> Regards
> Rob=

More information about the cctalk mailing list