Ordering parts onesie twosie

Mike Stein mhs.stein at gmail.com
Fri Jan 3 15:41:36 CST 2020

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Guzis via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
To: "Paul Berger via cctalk" <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2020 11:41 AM
Subject: Re: Ordering parts onesie twosie

> On 1/3/20 5:22 AM, Paul Berger via cctalk wrote:
>

>> Rural delivery is done to mail boxes along the roads, which means the
>> people have to travel from their house to said road to get their mail.
>> We lived on a farm for part of the time I was growing up and for us that
>> was 3/4 of a mile, and that was not uncommon in the area, for some it
>> was even further. Quite different from walking a block, maybe, to a
>> community box.
>
> That's no different from where I live (US), though my mailbox is only
> about 250 ft. from my house. Packages are delivered to the front door.
>
> Not a big deal.
>
> --Chuck

Canada Post has a little-publicised service called "FlexDelivery", very useful for foiling 'Porch Pirates' who follow the trucks and steal those packages left at your front door.

Regardless of whether you have your mail delivered to your door or a community mailbox you can register for a special free 'virtual' post box address where they will email you when a *parcel* arrives and hold it for two weeks for you to pick up.