Ordering parts onesie twosie

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Fri Jan 3 10:51:41 CST 2020

On Fri, 2020-01-03 at 09:22 -0400, Paul Berger via cctalk wrote:
> On 2020-01-03 2:51 a.m., Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>   On 2020-01-02 9:58 p.m., Nemo Nusquam via cctalk wrote:
>   >Well, Canada Post stopped delivering to individual >houses years
> ago.
> I assume that rural delivery still goes house-to-house.
> --Chuck
> Rural delivery is done to mail boxes along the roads, which means the
> people have to travel from their house to said road to get their
> mail.  We lived on a farm for part of the time I was growing up and
> for us that was 3/4 of a mile, and that was not uncommon in the area,
> for some it was even further.  Quite different from walking a block,
> maybe, to a community box.

Yea, our bank of mailboxes is 2.5 miles from our house.  We got intoheated arguments with the Post Office because we didn't go down and emptyour box every day.  We finally got a P.O Box at a different (more convenient)Post Office.  Now we have to deal with folks who don't understand that ourmailing address and physical address are different.  :-/
It also infuriates me that *every* other shipper (UPS, FedEx) can deliverright to our door but USPS can't be bothered.
--
TTFN - Guy