Emails going to spam folder in gmail

Tomasz Rola rtomek at ceti.pl
Wed Dec 30 08:41:28 CST 2020

On Tue, Dec 29, 2020 at 11:25:13AM -0500, Chris Zach via cctalk wrote:
> >Google need to review their motto and start living by it.
>
> Google ditched their "Don't be evil" motto a long long time ago. Now
> it's "what is best for google?".

Well, I do not think goog needs to do anything other than what a
business is supposed to be doing, i.e. money, by whatever means the
law permits.

Like, making ear catching motto to suck in all good-but-naive devs
from the market and in such way deny them to other businesses.

> If google became a sentient AI (quite possible) it's a pretty damn
> selfish one.

Of course. It makes trouble to other net users and tries to preserve
itself by hiding complaints. Life would be easier for it if it
actually tried to imitate poorly working spam catcher.

Now imagine that there is no "off switch". It can only be persuaded by
sending email to it, but since nobody knows the address, the only way
is to actually send spammy messages to other people... on gmail...

--
Regards,
Tomasz Rola