Emails going to spam folder in gmail

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Mon Dec 28 16:58:36 CST 2020

> > Apologies for asking but what the gmail standards?  Anything from
> > yahoo.com, some of Google's own alerts, and items from
> > lists.dwarfstd.org were all marked as spam.
>
> They really won't tell you. I run into problems with them from time to
> time, they seem to want to only talk to microsoft.com type domains and
> other big email domains. Which is odd because a lot of junk comes from
> them. Maybe they get a cut. Or maybe Gmail just wants you to use it
> instead of anything else.

My experience is also that Google will not tell me.  They used to have
web pages detailing what they were looking for years ago but I think
it eventually dawned on them that the spammers can read these too.

I have made sure my forward and reverse dns entries and the EHLO domain
name my mailserver uses are all correct and I have set up SPF records
for my domain yet Google still put lots of emails I send to gmail.com
and other Google mail service users in their spam folders.

Additionally, my experience is that when I find someone abusing Google
services to send or otherwise facilitate spam, Google do not provide
any way that I can notify them about this abuse.

Best advice is to suggest to the sender that they use a different
email provider, one that doesn't put their legitimate incoming emails
in the bin.

Regards,
Peter Coghlan.