Ok, got the Perq tapes

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Sun Apr 26 18:33:39 CDT 2020

Ok, so this evening I went back to the house to do a quick evacuation of
the most critical stuff and take some better pictures. This time I
brought a massive xeon flashlight which helps to get quicker pictures
with less shake.

I also picked up a pile of Perq boards, and all the DC600 tapes and
floppies I could take out. The car was loaded with them, someone is
going to have to curate these. But since I know that the most important
thing is the software and not the hardware I decided this is what to get
as the top priority.

There appears to be a third Perq in there as well on the other side of
the basement. No big drives (14 inch or 8 inch) but a lot of MFM and
SCSI disks. Couldn't grab those, too heavy.

I'm going to put together a list of people and see if I can figure out a
way to get things out. The garage is blocked by an old car, and this
stuff will not go up the steps. Too narrow.

Never dull. Latest pictures are at https://www.crystel.com/bob (I moved
the old ones to a subfolder). I also took a better set of pictures of
the VME boards, look like Sun boards.