Wanted for non-profit public museum: DEC VT100

barry bortnick bbortnick at 2bcool.ca
Mon Apr 20 13:12:05 CDT 2020

Old IBM magnetic media

I am hoping someone can help me with a project. I’m volunteer at our local
music museum (National Music Centre/Studio Bell.) They are restoring a
vintage Synclavier, an early digital audio workstation, which happens to
have an embedded DEC PDP 11/23. Part of the museums purpose is to restore,
maintain and make available these instruments for musicians to use in
addition to static displays.

The Synclavier should have a matching VT100, but that is the only component
the museum does not currently have for this functioning device. Yes, the
VT100 can be easily emulated, but as a museum, historical accuracy is also
vital.

I was wondering if anybody had any leads on a VT100 that might be donated?

Thanks for any help!