Computer Reset shop, liquidation. (USA)

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Wed Jul 17 13:56:33 CDT 2019

On 7/17/19 12:33 PM, Mark Linimon via cctalk wrote:
> There's nothing "superbly classic" around here, though.

IMHO it doesn't need to be "superbly classic".  Maybe it's not "ventage"
per-say.  (I don't know if there is a definition for "ventage" in
computers.  Last I knew, for automobiles, they had to be 25 years or
older to be called "ventage".)

> Bunch of working sun4u gear and old databooks.

I'm betting that there are people that would like to have it.

Look at things like IBM PCs / XTs / ATs.  They were common "just old"
things 5 ~ 15 years ago.  Now many of those common things are gone and
now people are wanting them.  So, even "common" things that are (were)
"just old" can have a surprising fan base.

I'm on the look out for a reasonably priced (purchase and S&H
independently) multi-processor Pentium Pro machine (for reasons).  I
hardly doubt that qualifies as "classic", much less "superbly" so.  I
see ebay listings of people selling of the bare CPUs for scrap in daily
saved searches.  Or I see old spare motherboards sans VRMs, or otherwise
incomplete systems.

I think there is a market for "just old" / "classic" / "superbly
classic" equipment.

I'll go back in my house now that I've yelled at kids on my lawn.  ;-)

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die