GW-DEC-1: A New DEC Prototyping Board

systems_glitch systems.glitch at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 21:33:35 CDT 2019

As Jon said, from my analysis of busted-apart DEC connectors, there's a
selectively plated "pad" where the contact surface actually is.

I wouldn't be surprised if the bulk of the contact fingers is *phosphor
bronze* which is often used in springs. Perhaps we can get Connor to do a
metallurgical analysis once he gets the EDX attachment for his SEM going!

Thanks,
Jonathan