Pertec Interface Cable Length

Jon Elson elson at
Sun Aug 11 10:34:10 CDT 2019

On 08/10/2019 01:29 PM, Dave Wade via cctalk wrote:
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: cctech <cctech-bounces at> On Behalf Of Mark J. Blair
>> What term is used there for an engineer
>> who works in fields of general electronics?
> An electronics engineer...
This war was settled in 1963 when the American Institute of 
Electrical Engineers merged with the Institute of Radio 
Engineers, realizing their battle was just silly and 

It was time, as serious electronics was moving into 
telecommunications and computers, numerically controlled 
machine tools, aviation, and more.  If they had a separate 
institute for each area of specialization, it would just 
dilute the  resources. Every one of them used Ohms law and 
its derivatives.


More information about the cctalk mailing list