Raspberry Pi write cycles

John Herron barythrin at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 23:41:25 CDT 2019

Ditto on Pi taking more amps than advertised. Another catch though are
counterfeit SD cards. I only recently learned about them from a friend and
YouTube video but they can get into online stores sometimes without the
seller even knowing. I ended up finding two of mine bought from ham radio
expo are counterfeit. They were labelled 32GB and generic/bulk packaging.
However any more than 8GB will be corrupt so they're really 8 and the other
sectors will either be corrupt or overwrite the original sectors.

It's interesting that it doesn't report errors so the OS is fine writing to
the sectors. Only way to tell that I've seen I'd actually writing to full
amount of data and confirming all the files are valid.