Did anyone see Vintage Tech Hunters on Discovery Canada yet?

Electronics Plus sales at elecplus.com
Thu Nov 8 11:17:58 CST 2018

I think changing the bus would alter things enough to be a problem.  Can
games expecting an 8 / 16 bit ISA SoundBlaster work with a PCI
counterpart?  Or is there enough difference that it would take new
drivers / code?

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die

In my experience, games written for CGA and 80286 do not do well on modern equipment. You CAN play them, but they are really slow. The video and sound still work on a Pentium III with PCI audio and PCI or AGP video, as long as you still load DOS and/or Win 3.1. Anything higher than a PIII seems to be difficult to find drivers to make the basics of the motherboard work under the old OS. World of Warcraft in our household went from a 386 to a PIII, and then got set aside as we kept upgrading computers.

Cindy

---