Digitising collections of microfiche - Re: Looking for opinions...

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Thu Mar 29 11:29:26 CDT 2018

On 03/29/2018 09:54 AM, emanuel stiebler via cctalk wrote:
> On 2018-03-28 22:26, Shaun Halstead via cctalk wrote:
>> All of the DEC film I
>> have (which I believe is already available) is diazo duplicates, which are
>> susceptible to fading over time, even when stored in proper conditions.
> That's why we should do it now, not later ;-)

Huh?  DEC service and software listings on Diazo?  Hmmm, you
are right!  I always thought these were silver film, but
just took a look and they are very dark blue Diazo.  On the
other hand, these are VMS 4.2 fiche, so QUITE old, and look
totally brand-new.  So, we have a few years yet to find a
way to read them.

I am familiar with that frosty Diazo fiche that are very
pale blue color, wouldn't be surprised if those faded.  They
were never intended for archival storage.

Jon