Suggestions for 16 mm movies to digital conversion

Cory Heisterkamp coryheisterkamp at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 14:57:17 CST 2018

On Feb 24, 2018, at 1:09 PM, Pete Lancashire via cctalk wrote:

> I have a small, 5-20 stack of 16 mm's of movies dealing with computers
>
> The one in front of me is
>
> "Once Upon a Punched Card"
>
> I am looking for a place in the USA with a reasonable price to have them
> digitized and I will place them on both my Google drive and a Youtube
>
> So far I have only been able to find places I can not afford.
>
> Suggestions, Ideas, etc ?
>
> -pete

Hey Pete,

Might be worth checking to see if any of your titles have already been digitized. I know Once Upon a Punch Card was loaded to YouTube a number of years ago (could be worth checking with the uploader to see if they have a high quality version available if you'd like a personal copy). Might save having to re-invent the wheel.

I like to pick up the occasional 16mm computer film off eBay for my own use, but I've also converted a couple to digital using the low tech 'camera aimed at screen' method. Actually, it was my iPhone on a tripod running software that allowed for frame rate adjustment AND color shifting to take the red out of the film and boost the faded hues. -Cory