Altos system mislisted on Epay

Steven M Jones classiccmp at crash.com
Sun Oct 16 22:45:35 CDT 2016

On 10/16/2016 15:38, Glen Slick wrote:

> Has the one in the listing here had the hard drive platter brutally
> removed? Didn't take a close look at all of the photos to be sure.

By my previous viewing of the pics in that auction - yes, somebody
ripped the platters out of the HDD, breaking the arms the R/W heads were
mounted on. Said heads were left dangling.

IIRC the auction copy indicated something had been done to the PSU as
well. There was a close-up of some wires soldered to some spade lugs,
but I don't recall seeing a good photo of the PSU itself.

It didn't sell, so there's a good chance it'll be listed again in a few
days. They tend to give things a few shots before they stop relisting.

--S.