Altos system mislisted on Epay

James B DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Sun Oct 16 21:06:27 CDT 2016

On Mon, 17 Oct 2016 01:38:55 +0000
william degnan <billdegnan at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 10:38 PM, Glen Slick <glen.slick at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > On Oct 16, 2016 3:19 PM, "jim stephens" <jwsmail at jwsss.com> wrote:
> > >

> > > 48 min to go at 315 PDT
> > >
> > > Bit thing not in listing is an SA-1004 disk.  And I'm suspicious
> > > it is an
> > 8086, but who knows.  Certainly has many serials on the back.
> > >

> > Moore-Business-Systems-Altos-ASC-8000-10A-Zilog-Z80-CP-M-
> > Multi-user-Computer
> > >
> > > http://www.ebay.com/itm/311713600878
> >
> > I had one of those that I gave to Josh. It was mostly working at
> > the time. It was Z80 based.
> >
> > Has the one in the listing here had the hard drive platter brutally
> > removed? Didn't take a close look at all of the photos to be sure.
> >

> I think this is one page from the manual related to the 8500 board
> vintagecomputer.net/altos/8000

My ACS8000-10 was a Z80 system with MP/M installed. Working condition,
but lost along with an ADDS Regent 25 terminal, a DS50 disk, the left
hand door to a DS990 rack, and other items, to the higher imperatives of
crackheads needing scrap to peddle, some time back.

Moral of the story is along the lines of "the squeaky wheel gets the
grease", or maybe "money talks but bs walks", when it comes to secure
storage or shop facilities, but then patronage always comes at a price,
too. C'est la guerre, er, vie.

Sorry to wax philosophical.

jbdigriz