Running CRTs without implosion protection glass

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Jul 1 15:08:28 CDT 2016

> Not a very good comparison because one is pointed at your head for
> months or years and the latter is momentary.
On Fri, 1 Jul 2016, tony duell wrote:
I am not convinced that the effect is purely cumulative anyway. In other words,
a lower intensity (and lower energy) beam for longer might not do as much
damage as a brief pulse from a high intensity, high energy source.

The "pro-nuclear" community calls it the "LNT" ("Linear No Threshold")
premise.

How much of the health damage of early color TV was due, not to the
hardware, but to the quality of the content?
(USA networks were/are clearly worse than BBC)