Latest addition: A bondi-blue iMac

js at cimmeri.com js at cimmeri.com
Fri Jul 1 11:29:11 CDT 2016

On 7/1/2016 9:00 AM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Terry Stewart<terry at webweavers.co.nz>  wrote:
>
>> Some would say this is not vintage, classic or collectible (and so
>> shouldn't be discussed here).  However, these are all subjected terms which
>> can be (and are!) argued about at length.

Wouldn't have guessed to discuss an iMac
here, but rather than picking & choosing
certain computer models as being
appropriate to discuss here or not,
wouldn't it just be easier (and fairer)
to define a certain number of years past
which it *is* appropriate?    Or has
this already been stipulated?

By way of comparison, in my state
(Maryland), any car over 20 years is
considered "historic" as long as it's
pretty much a stock vehicle, or "street
rod" for cars over 25 that have been
substantially modified.    Most cars
I've seen with historic plates obviously
qualify for the rank, but some are
pretty laughable -- old junkers clearly
just tagged as such to avoid inspection
requirements.