Latest addition: A bondi-blue iMac

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 09:00:00 CDT 2016

On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 9:09 PM, Terry Stewart <terry at webweavers.co.nz> wrote:
> My classic/vintage computer activity has taken a back seat lately but I did
> find a machine I had on the "classic" list for some time.  It's now part of
> the collection.
> http://www.classic-computers.org.nz/collection/imac.htm

Cool.

> Some would say this is not vintage, classic or collectible (and so
> shouldn't be discussed here).  However, these are all subjected terms which
> can be (and are!) argued about at length.

I would say that it is.  It's an iconic machine that runs a
no-longer-mainstream and does represent an inflection point in Apple's
long history.

> To me it's a noteworthy model which had some impact on personal computing
> (notably by helping put Apple back in the game).

Exactly.

>  Vintage?  At only 18
> years old perhaps not but a classic and collectible?  As time goes by I
> would say yes.

I also encompasses some interest design elements - the shift to color
definitely stands out, as does that terrible mouse.

I happen to have one myself.  I should dust it off and fire it up and
check what OS is on the disk.

-ethan