For you SGI fans...

Steven Hirsch snhirsch at gmail.com
Wed Jan 13 06:18:02 CST 2016

On Wed, 13 Jan 2016, Ian Finder wrote:

> Solution- netboot.
>
> The CDs [there are a zillion point release layer things] are in EFS
> format and can't be mounted on OS X or Windows. At some point I mounted
> them all on Linux and wrote a script that copied the /dist folders to a
> folder structure on an NFS share I use to do a net install.

The net-based install was rather fussy about the shell on the installation
server.  To work around it, I wrote a Linux pre-load shim that caught all
invocations and directed them to the compatible shell binary.

If this is of interest to anyone, I can probably unearth the code from a
backup tape (my SGIs - and the installation server - have been gone for
years).