For you SGI fans...

Jules Richardson jules.richardson99 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 17:55:33 CST 2016

On 01/12/2016 05:19 PM, Jacob Ritorto wrote:
> Man, I've not fired up my I2 R10000 and Indy R5000 for a good decade.

My I2's just sort of sitting there are the moment because I could really
use something* to give it a purpose (it's a Max Impact system with 2 x 4GB
disks and 384MB of memory, so it was a pretty good spec for the day).
Originated with Cray, but (unsurprisingly) they did everything via remote
NFS mounts, so there's not really anything interesting on the disks.

* demos, applications, whatever... something that makes good use of the
graphic abilities, anyway. When I last looked it seemed that there wasn't
much out there which wasn't still considered commercial software, and so
unobtainable without the original media.

cheers

Jules