Wills (was VCF Ban...)

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Tue May 12 12:57:29 CDT 2015

On Tue, 12 May 2015, Robert Feldman wrote:
> Probably the best thing you can do is let the next of kin know that you
> have a will and either give them a copy or tell them what your wishes
> are. Then put a copy of the will where it can easily be found (such as
> in your desk drawer). My wife and I are redoing our will and are letting
> our sons and my brothers know what we are planning. They all will know
> where to look for the official copy of the will.

In some areas, a will can be filed with the local guvmint (county in this
case).
If the lawyer who participated in drafting the will is around, they should
keep a notarized copy.

But, make sure that any and all who will have access to the physical
premises know where a copy is filed.

In our cases, it is unlikely to be contested.  Just an informal note to
family, etc. should be sufficient, naming somebody who "is willing to come
haul away all of this useless obsolete computer junk and crap".
(cf. Don Maslin)

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com